I am already looking to the spring home selling market. For some reason the Fall Season brings me those thoughts.
Fall is the beginning of the end to some of our most gorgeous weather here in Puget Sound. Those gorgeous colors of fall remind me of spring and what I need to do to make my yard and home “pop” for spring. If you are thinking of selling in the spring start the process now.
1. Get those bulbs in the ground. (This will start your “curb appeal”)
2. Rake those leaves now! (They will kill your grass if you leave them)
3. Trim those bushes, chop back those trees. (We want to SEE the house!)
4. Dig up any plants that won’t be surviving the winter. (Do it now – not “in the Spring”)
5. Do your “Spring Clean” in January. (When you are taking down the entire Holiday affair)
6. February is “Paint what needs to be painted” Month. (Yep, it’s on a calendar somewhere!)
Just remember Spring is Spring and not June. If you don’t get your home ready now you will miss the buyers that want to close on a home at the beginning of June so they can enjoy their new home in the summer.